Monday, June 22, 2015

A visit to the MOCA LA

My husband and I  recently visited  the MOCA (Museum of Contemporary Arts) in Los Angeles, California  http://www.moca.org/museum/exhibitiondetail.php?id=508  The MOCA Los Angeles is home to one of the finest permanent collections of American and European art.  The museum is housed in three unique facilities: MOCA Grand Avenue, The Geffen Contemporary at MOCA and MOCA Pacific Design Center


 
In the courtyard you will find "Mark Thompson's Airplane Parts" by  Nancy Rubins. I love all the textures and shapes! 
My hubby Terry studying the art.

The lines are so beautiful.

So much texture and color.

Inside you will find pieces from  Piet Mondrian, Cindy Sherman, Robert Rauschenberg, Jasper Johns just to name a few! Here are a couple of my favorite.
I was so excited to see a full wall of Claes Oldenburg sculptures!

Claes Oldenburg food sculptures

Robert Rauschenberg- "Interview" 1955

Allen Ruppersberg- "Stillife 1982

No comments:

Post a Comment